[lbo-talk] corporate rationality

Asad Haider noswine at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 06:13:05 PDT 2009

What on earth do you mean? If the working class measures its self-worth according to how closely it emulates European standards of beauty (or education, or table manners, whatever), it will probably have minimal interest in resisting the power structure established by a history of European exploitation, much less its own, indigenous forms of exploitation. Remember that communist movements in Asia--and how many other places in the colonial world!--were articulated at their inceptions with the struggle for national liberation.

And how do *you* expect to encourage anyone to overthrow capitalism if you don't side with the working class against everyday forms of oppression? I think the point is well taken that capital doesn't *need* anything (except, I would say, labor power and a class relation of exploitation), and that probably includes war, liberal presidents, privatized health care, but it seems to be perfectly acceptable to spend lots of time talking about those.