[lbo-talk] corporate rationality

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 14 06:58:21 PDT 2009

----- Original Message ---- From: c b <cb31450 at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Wed, October 14, 2009 5:43:43 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] corporate rationality

Capitalism is a world system , no ?  And capitalism today is "caused" by the history of capitalism. So, without the long history of White supremacist colonialism,slavery and imperialism in Asia , no capitalism in Europe , America or Asia (See Marx on colonialism and slavery as the chief momenta of the primitive accumulation of capital _in Europe_). Capitalism _in Europe_ needed White supremacy _in Asia_.

--

That's the past. This is the present. This is like arguing that because my remote ancestors were required to run away from dinosaurs, and this running away from dinosaurs created traits that eventually resulted in me, I also have to run away from dinosaurs.

--

More recently, the White supremacist, imperialist, neo-colonialist Korean and Viet Nam/Southeast Asian wars ( against "gooks" and peoples who allegedly "value human life less than we do" , et al. ) were necessary to prevent the overthrow of capitalism in Asia.

--

Vietnam has not overthrown capitalism, but is getting more capitalist. North Korea isn't doing very well.

--

Currently , American troops stationed or occupying nations throughout Asia are necessary to prevent the economic independence of many of them from the imperialist system. No US troops all over Asia, no Asian meltdown enforced on behalf of international finance in 1998, for example.

--

I do not believe there are any Asian countries outside NK that are trying to move away from capitalism.