[lbo-talk] corporate rationality

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 08:00:39 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 5:59 PM, shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:
> It reminds me of
> Carrol when he wants us to stop, for god's sake, talking about class in any
> way that might indicate a cultural analysis of, say, working class identity
> or middle class identity.

I think I tend to agree with Carrol here (not totally sure because when we discuss these things he often seem more interested in telling people what not to say or what not to talk about rather than actually talking things). Unfortunately my time is limited in the near term, but I think it might be productive, for me at least, to talk about what "class" politics are/could be. Because I'm at least as skeptical of class politics as I am of identity politics, and I think there are lots of problems with calls by Michaels and others here for a "return" to heroic class politics, which is frequently insisted on but rarely defined.