[lbo-talk] The new disparity: women vastly outnumber men in college

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 07:34:44 PDT 2009

shag: -clip- The same pressure is on poor girls of any race, which is why the teen pregnancy rates are so high among the poor: part of the reason is that they see no opportunity to become women via work, so why not become women via childbearing. (there's a pretty large literature on this topic. I'm personally familiar with it having organizing with feminists to figure how the cause of this huge preg rate and solve the problem. I did this be/c i lived in the county in NY that had the highest out of wedlock teen pregnancy rate outside of NYC)

^^^ CB: The rich get richer and the poor get children.

What are the hypotheses as to why women have a longer life expectancy than men ?