[lbo-talk] The new disparity: women vastly outnumber men

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Oct 16 22:13:53 PDT 2009

Oh, another reason for women's ascendence in the college race is because we are highly intelligent and capable creatures, so that when it became possible for us to go to school, get degrees, and be allowed to work in occupations other than secretarial, teaching, and nursing, it changed our sense of ourselves. It's kind of like once somebody broke the four-minute mile, everybody could.

And it's really, really important to remember that without women working, everybody's lives pretty much would have been horrid in the last forty years because of declining wages. We had to work. So, if you grow up knowing that you're going to have to work, you try to get as good a job as you can by getting a good education.

This is not rocket science or super logical. Women are practical creatures.

Joanna