[lbo-talk] The new disparity: women vastly outnumber men

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 16:29:54 PDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 1:13 AM, Joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

And it's really, really important to remember that without women working,
> everybody's lives pretty much would have been horrid in the last forty years
> because of declining wages. We had to work.

This may prove to be a situation where everyone on the list who *actually* knows anything about economics yells at me, but:

Didn't the near-doubling of the labor pool have a lot to do with those falling wages according to a basic supply and demand model?

I mean, how could it not?