[lbo-talk] Thaddeus Russell: Why Liberals Kill

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Oct 20 19:49:29 PDT 2009

JC Helary

> "What too few Americans realize—especially the president’s anti-war
> supporters, who accuse him of betraying liberal or 'progressive'
> values—is that if he accedes to General Stanley McChrystal's request
> for more troops in Afghanistan and intensifies the drone attacks in
> Pakistan, he will follow squarely in the footsteps of the great
> liberal statesmen he has cited as his role models.

"Dennis Perrin wrote a book about that:"

http://www.amazon.com/Savage-Mules-Democrats-Endless-War/dp/1844672654

Indeed I did. Funny how so many people are now finding my, and Richard Seymour's, critique palatable. My mistake was to launch mine in the face of Obamamania. No chance. There's some movement at Verso to bring Mules back, but we'll see.

Dennis