[lbo-talk] transparency

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 08:18:10 PDT 2009

This stuff's gotten so crazy that I caught a snippet (on NPR) of a critique of the use of "modern" by fashion reality show judges in their efforts to describe "contemporary" or "21st century pop" style... because "modern" - for this guy - ought only to be used to describe fashion from the now long gone high modern era... couldn't stand it, and the pledge drive was coming, so I had to kill it. Now, I'm all for being clear about the dynamics, characteristics and temporality of theoretically meaningful terms in intellectual and political debate settings but I haven't a clue why anyone not unbelievably over-concerned with their own importance would go here... again, the death of irony... I'm so serious I'm a joke... (tho there are folks what think that about me at times, prolly). A