[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed on the limits of antiracism

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Oct 24 12:53:17 PDT 2009

Peter Ward wrote:

> Frankly, we could do with less philosophizing and more serious activism to subvert the racism (and other forms of discrimination, such as classism) that is integral to many of our institutions.

And could you tell us where this activism comes from? And how it happens, if it does happen, that it is activism attacking discrimination or activism extending the powerof discrimination. Hitler's Brown Shirts were activists you know.

If you do know what kind of activism and what tactics it should follow and how the activists are to be recruited to activism, why are you wasting your time here instead of going out there and raising an army and cvhanging the wrold?

Carrol