[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed on the limits of antiracism

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Oct 24 19:57:14 PDT 2009

Chuck Grimes wrote:

> So, an honest question who are these anti-racists? Give me some names
> that I might recognize these evil anti-Marxists. I've never been to an
> anti-racist rally for example.

I can't remember the details, but I think if you search the early archives of this list you will find a discussion of a rally of sorts held out at some California university, at which Judith Butler among others spoke, which was a critique of Marxism for not being anti-raist and anti-sexist or something like that. Then there was an article in NLR by Judith Butler along the same lines. I believe that was discussed on this list.

So perhaps Judith Butleer and some of her colleagues is an example of an evil anti-racist???? I don't think it's really very important though.

Carrol