[lbo-talk] who?

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Mon Oct 26 04:13:03 PDT 2009

maybe it's early, but i don't see the problem. they have specific things they do which Reed argued they didn't. they focus on issues around police brutality, antiwar, and opposition to military recruitment. those are issues that involve very practical, nitty gritty work and make real contributions to people's lives in poor communities, especially work against police brutality and opposition to military recruitment in poor communities -- i've been involved in both. i never felt like we were floundering with ambiguous goals, not sure what to do next or what the enemy was. instead, we had specific, rather detailed plans worked out that involved short and long-term goals: working practically with local police forces, neighborhood watch groups, community-building programs, educational and awareness issues related to works and jobs, jobs programs, etc.

i'm really at a loss as to how a politics focused on these issues is a problem or distraction to the left.

shag