[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed on the limits of antiracism

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Mon Oct 26 04:19:47 PDT 2009

At 01:28 AM 10/26/2009, Alan Rudy wrote:
>Everybody pretty much agrees that the anti-racists Doug just pointed
>directly to are getting in the way and diverting energies...

I don't. It's sort of like when Carrol bitches about people who argue about certain topics on the list. Or when he complains that democratic politics diverts energies away from leftist struggles. He wants us to stop yammering about the distracting topic and to stop participating in democratic politics.

Well, as I have always said, it's not freaking like the people involved in democratic politics were actually going to get off their asses and participate in leftist social struggles anyway. They would retreat to their living rooms or keyboards or both and wouldn't have done jack shit.

Same dealio here. These people weren't going to engage in leftist struggle anyway. They were going to sit on their asses and do nothing.

Plus, if you really just can't deal with them, get off the campus. The reason why people are questioning Reed and Michaels here is that the examples they focus on are from college campuses. When you actually get off the campus, you find things are rather different. May be a northeastern/northern thing? I don't know. But we don't seem to have any problems with anti-white-privilege workshops in the South.