[lbo-talk] The possibilities of failing upwards with healthcare

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 26 16:03:03 PDT 2009

I would be interested in hearing of even one instance of legislation which on the one side is strongly supported by _passive_ public opinion (revealed inpolls), on the other side strongly resisted by an important sector of capital, which nevertheless passed. My positon of course is that even _minority_ public opinion, if expressed in action 'on the streets' and in other disruptive ways, can be passed even if both important money _and_ majority opinion (expressed in polls) wer against it.

Polls, letters to Congress, etx. will never get legislation or other government action which is opposed by any significan money intersts.

Carrol