[lbo-talk] Internet's downside

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 26 16:47:17 PDT 2009

At 04:31 PM 10/26/2009, Matthias Wasser wrote:

>No, I mean like: the kids glued to the computer are less visible.
>Basic selection bias.

So who has evidence backing up this internet killed the outdoors and physical contact theory?

I've seen better evidence that kids are getting less exercise mostly because of urbanization and poverty. Those who go to schools that have sports and after school programs, and who live in neighborhoods that have parks that provide recreation programs get their exercise and their internet.