[lbo-talk] Internet's downside

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Tue Oct 27 00:37:26 PDT 2009

There's a great moment in one of Raymond Williams books, I think that it's the Country and the City, where he looks at the English preoccupation with the fantasy of a golden age. He shows how this fantasy is invariably connected to the England of the author's childhood, and that the construction invites an infinite regression. robert wood