[lbo-talk] Joe Lieberman is a turd

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 12:45:33 PDT 2009

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2009, at 2:49 PM, farmelantj at juno.com wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't this have something to do
>> with all the insurance companies that
>> make their home in Connecticut?
>
> Could, but what's Dodd doing?

He put this out today:

Dodd Statement on Public Option October 26, 2009 http://dodd.senate.gov/?q=node/5290

Senator Chris Dodd (D-CT) released the following statement today after Majority Leader Harry Reid announced that the health care reform legislation will include a strong public option.

“I fought for a strong public option – in the HELP Committee and in this merger process – because it is the best way to keep costs low and insurance companies honest,” said Dodd. “Majority Leader Reid has made a bold and right choice to endorse the HELP Committee public option, along with a provision allowing states to opt out. At its core, health care reform is about making insurance more stable and affordable for those who have it, and available to those who don’t, while improving quality and lowering costs. I believe that the public option is a key component to successful reform, and I will continue to lead the fight for it on the Senate floor.”

Senator Dodd led the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee earlier this summer when it approved the Affordable Health Choices Act, which included the strong public option that will be included in the final health care bill.