[lbo-talk] who?

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Oct 28 03:36:40 PDT 2009

At 06:48 AM 10/27/2009, Doug Henwood wrote:
>A lot of this sort of agitation - this piece, Wise, Catalyst - focuses
>on racism on the left. It's as if these structural barriers are the
>fault of the organizers of Seattle and not American society.

aside from Dennis's astute points about the actual content of the article which wasn't faulting anyone and, in fact, pointed to some of the incorrect ideas held by some activists of color, how does American society create these structural barriers?

"Despite that sponsorship, I hope this list will be a forum for speaking across intellectual and social boundaries that have divided the left, such as it is, for too long. Among these oppositions I'd like to see worked through are ones like class/identity, cultural politics/"real" politics, Marxism/postmodernism, universal/particularist, activism/theory, economics/culture, nature/labor; nature/culture, and labor/culture."

http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/lbo-talk.html

shag