[lbo-talk] diverity, City-style

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 09:04:33 PDT 2009

> Fund to invest in gender diversity
> By Richard Milne
> Published: October 26 2009 02:00 | Last updated: October 26 2009 02:00

I've been meaning to ask you this: Since you've said repeatedly in the past that capital is able to recuperate/use/profit from everything, which I agree with, why the invective against identity politics? That is, if capital is supple enough to co-opt any politics, why do antiracists earn such harsh denunciations -- even, in Michaels's case, hatred -- when their failures are in the end no different from other political movements'? They failed, so what? Every movement does.