[lbo-talk] gore vidal is an old, cranky prick

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 29 00:47:24 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 10:31 PM, Bhaskar Sunkara <bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
> wrote:

> That whole interview. Here's the lowlight on Polanski's victim: "I really
> don’t give a fuck. Look, am I going to sit and weep every time a young
> hooker feels as though she’s been taken advantage of?"

Eugh. I missed that. Holy shit. He said that? He *really* said that? All I can say is that I don't believe you'll find, in the entire back catalogue of Vidal's writing, a sentiment of such vulgarity and misogyny expressed anywhere. This is a really senile moment on his part.

-- Richard Seymour Writer and blogger Email: leninstombblog at googlemail.com Website: http://www.leninology.blogspot.com Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/leninology Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Seymour_(writer) Book: http://www.versobooks.com/books/nopqrs/s-titles/seymour_r_the_liberal_defense_of_murder.shtml