[lbo-talk] Republican base *likes* Obama's post-racial line

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 05:07:36 PDT 2009

> You can't openly criticize Obama. If you do, you'll be labeled as a
> racist.
>
> Whatever we say about Obama, no matter what we say about him, it is
> a racial comment so you know, we can't say anything, we personally
> do not like him. I don't care if he is purple, but whatever we say
> we're racist.

-clip-

^^^^^^^^

CB: If they are sincere about feeling bad about being called racists, and practice it somehow, then they are Exhibit A for the case of moving into post-racism.That they really care about being non-racist would be a big step.

Can we get somebody to ask them if any of their daughters have married Black men ? (smile)

^^^^^^^^ It is important to note, however, that Obama is not personally
> linked to this effort. It was difficult for these conservative
> Republicans to say anything positive about Obama, but they freely
> volunteered without any prompting that he was not a part of this
> effort to silence and op- press conservative opposition.
>
> Actually that is a good thing that he has done. In all the charges
> of it being racial he has defended, he has come out and said, no I
> don't think that comment was meant that way and that was the one
> thing that I think he has done that you know.
>
> I don't think he thinks it, but I think other people think it. You
> know the ones that are really supportive of him. If we don't like
> him, and we have something against him, then we're a racist.

^^^^^^^^ CB: A whole lot of White Democrats think this of Obama , too. He never would have been elected President if it were otherwise.