[lbo-talk] The Yiddish Policeman's Union

joel schalit jschalit at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 23:55:59 PDT 2009

Hi Itamar,

I'm sure you're right. I think its important to remember though that the nuances that mark secular nationalism in Israel are hard to see, for many, from abroad. The religious issue, irrespective of its seriousness, is simply easier to stigmatize, particularly from a progressive American point of view.

Interesting point about Shabtai Zvi. I wrote my undergraduate thesis largely on Scholem, so I will give that some thought.

Best, Joel