[lbo-talk] Annoying misunderstandings of Platonism, was Re: Baby thoughts

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 3 04:14:34 PDT 2009

Shane is totally right and you are totally wrong. Plato and Platonism have nothing to do with the silly notion that nature never changes. They have to do with the notion that the metaphysical structure of nature ("the really real," "ta ontos on") never changes. Climate is not part of the really real and so is free to change, as it obviously does.

Which, if it were not true, would make science completely impossible, because there would be no way to make universal judgments.