[lbo-talk] Materialism is a form of idealism

mart media314159 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 4 18:30:11 PDT 2009

since badiou has come up in this context (trying to derive ought from is, where 'is' is transfinite set theory, and ought is some form of (french?) leftism(?)) it can be point out my approach, of information is power, leads to the ethical system known as 'might is right'---which is what i was basically trying to explain to paul cohen (connecting forcing with physical forces---with a few provisos over how one deals with the problem of infinity---     eg for what i consider a not very interesting example (since its known)        www.arxiv.org/abs/0809.0151 ).    he already knew it of course, exaplining essentially 'my way (like sid and nancy) or the highway'.

From: martin <mschiller at pobox.com> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Materialism is a form of idealism To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Friday, September 4, 2009, 8:21 PM

On Sep 4, 2009, at 3:18 PM, mart wrote:

> 'information is power'

Thats the idea.