[lbo-talk] Materialism is a form of idealism

RicardoStarkey at aol.com RicardoStarkey at aol.com
Sat Sep 5 08:32:32 PDT 2009

In a message dated 9/5/2009 6:50:26 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com writes:

"Hey, is it normally the practice of dictionaries to make judgments about the things the definitions of which they are giving?"

I believe that most dictionaries strive for "objectivity." I particularly like this one because it accepts dialectical materialism as a correct method of interpreting reality. It was translated from the 4th Russian edition, produced by Political Literature Publishers (Moscow) in 1980, and it was printed in the USSR. It appears that the main guy behind it was one Ivan Timofeevich Frolov. I got it about 25 years ago at Znanie bookstore in San Francisco.