[lbo-talk] ciao, Van Jones

Bill O'Connor billyoc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 13:14:56 PDT 2009

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes:

> [This didn't take long, did it?]
>
> News Alert
> from The Wall Street Journal
>
> The White House said Van Jones, one of President Barack Obama's
> advisers, is resigning amid controversy over past inflammatory
> statements.
>
> Mr. Jones, who has promoted "green jobs," was linked to efforts
> suggesting a governmental role in the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks
> and to derogatory comments about Republicans.
>
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125221129315388817.html?mod=djemalertNEWS

He could have been forgiven for the former, but not the latter. Should be very entertaining watching Glenn Beck lording it over the Dems all month. I'd go so far as to say that Fox News' triumph over the White House will push Obama's Wednesday speech off the news cycle.

-- In Solidarity, Billy O'Connor