[lbo-talk] ciao, Van Jones

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 7 09:26:47 PDT 2009

Maybe Jones should seek refugee status in Canada. The present and long time leader of the Bloc Quebecois, Gilles Duceppe was a Maoist for quite some time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_Duceppe

Duceppe studied political science at the Université de Montréal but did not complete his program of study. While attending Université de Montréal, he became the general manager of the school's newspaper, Quartier Latin. Duceppe later earned a baccalaureate of collegiate studies from the Collège Mont-Saint-Louis. In his youth, he advocated communism, and held membership in the Workers' Communist Party of Canada. Duceppe later claimed that his three-year membership in the W.C.P. (Marxist Leninist) was a mistake brought on by a search for absolute answers. [2] However, during this period — which lasted well into his thirties — he subscribed to militant Maoist ideology and was fired from his job as a hospital orderly for belligerent activities.[3] Duceppe even went so far as to intentionally spoil his 1980 sovereignty-association referendum ballot arguing that Québécois should instead focus their efforts on staying united to fight their common

capitalist enemy.[3] Before becoming a member of the federal parliament of Canada, Duceppe worked as a hospital orderly and later became a trade union negotiator.

Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html