[lbo-talk] Materialism is a form of idealism

Peter Ward nevadabob at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Sep 7 09:58:25 PDT 2009

Apparently we still haven't reached the intellectual stage where we're secure enough to admit that in fact we don't know WTF "underlies" reality, if putting it in such as way is even meaningful. I think words like materialism simply represent the point philosophers give up and decide to end the investigations--for a long time "god" served this purpose.