[lbo-talk] Obama as Orwellian threat?

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Mon Sep 7 11:26:19 PDT 2009

Okay, I don't have a tv and I haven't followed the news. I use the web and assemble a virtual newspaper to check out what's going on.

I read that Obama is going to give a speech and it is going to be broadcast to schools. Now I read this is a controversy?

``WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The White House is set to release on Monday the text of a controversial back-to-school speech to students from President Obama that has angered some conservative parents and pundits..''

What is controversial about a President giving a speech for school kids? Why is this even news? Here read this:

"Thinking about my kids in school having to listen to that just really upsets me," suburban Colorado mother Shanneen Barron told CNN Denver affiliate KMGH. "I'm an American. They are Americans, and I don't feel that's OK. I feel very scared to be in this country with our leadership right now."

What are these people talking about?

Where do they get this stuff? Seriously, this is not an ordinary human response. This is a manufactured response. Which makes me wonder where is this shit manufactured and by who?

CG