[lbo-talk] um, cass sunnstein?

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Sep 8 12:41:55 PDT 2009

I used to frequent Revolution Books in NYC's Chelsea neighborhood. They stocked books about anarchism in the back, under the sign "Left" Tendencies. Hilarious.

I recall an Avakian piece where he insisted that Maoist urban guerrilla armies could conceivably resist and possibly defeat US police and armed forces. He laid out this whole fantasy scenario. It made me laugh.

The RCP used to sell queerphobic t-shirts -- about how gay people were bourgeois deviationists and the like. I think they eventually changed their ideological and clothing line.

I wanted to wear one "ironically." My girlfriend at the time wept at the very concept. So I didn't.

I once asked a cashier at Rev. Books if I bought two portraits of Mao, could I get a Stalin for free? Sadly, I'd have to pay for Uncle Joe as well.

Dennis