[lbo-talk] Vicente Navarro: Obama's Mistakes in Health Care Reform

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Sep 8 14:46:31 PDT 2009

On Sep 8, 2009, at 4:25 PM, Chuck Grimes wrote:

> I thought this was an excellent essay. Thanks for posting it. Doug had
> somebody from Black Agenda (Bruce Dixon?)

Yes, Bruce Dixon.

> on his Saturday radio show who
> discussed Obama and the Democrats in similar but more scathing terms.
> The guy on the show knew Obama and worked under him in some Chicago
> based voter registration org. He said, Obama knows what's going on in
> your head...meaning the way the `left' thinks. Dixon went to explain
> that Obama and David Brooks know each pretty well exchange emails,
> etc.

That was me actually. There's a piece in a recent New Republic about the Obama-Brooks relationship. In a note commenting on one of his columns, Obama addressed Brooks as "comrade." I thought that that choice of words was no accident, as the vulgar Marxists used to say.

> Okay. Now back to Obama's mistakes. There is another mistake, that
> hasn't been mentioned. What is going on with Obama and lead Democrat's
> refusal to investigate the crimes and abuses of power in the Bush
> administration?

Why would they do that? They want to be free to commit the same crimes themselves, and don't want to be investigated by their successors.

Doug