[lbo-talk] Something on Education, something from Cockburn

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Thu Sep 10 16:40:56 PDT 2009

Below are two links to Democracy Now were the progressive side make the same points. Thanks to Martin off list. The first has Progressive Caucus co-chair from Tuscon, AZ. And the second features Jessie Jackson and his longtime doctor.

<http://www.democracynow.org/2009/9/10/a_robust_public_option_is_essential>

<http://www.democracynow.org/2009/9/10/obama_urges_lawmakers_to_pass_healthcare>

Jackson had a nice rhetorical touch by saying it isn't the political center we should be thinking about. It's the moral center. And the moral center is single payer.

Whether I agree with `moral' arguments or not, Jackson always has cool line.

CG