[lbo-talk] European Union (was Conservatism)

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:14:35 PDT 2009

You are missing my point, James. I am not arguing that EU is perfect but that it is better than the absence of it. To use an analogy: someone owes me $1,000 and a collection agency offers to collect this debt for a fee of $500. I would go with the collection agency not because I like them, but because by going with them I would get at least some of the money whereas I would get nothing by rejecting their services.

This is called 'lesser evil' on this side of the pond - which means less evil, a good thing albeit certainly not a paradise.

Wojtek