[lbo-talk] Signs of the Times

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 16 14:21:37 PDT 2009

At 01:41 PM 9/16/2009, Doug Henwood wrote:

>So do Newt Gingrich and Phil Gramm. Not to take anything away from
>MLK, but I'm not sure what the PhD proves.

Agreed.

I was responding to the assumption that there are zero intellectuals among Baptists. I saw that Astra Taylor movie Examined Life earlier this year and it was kind of a jolt when Baptist Cornel West talked about his Christianity, but there it is.

So is Gingrich an intellectual? He is an idea man isn't he? Stupid and abhorrent ideas but ideas none the less.