[lbo-talk] Signs of the times

RicardoStarkey at aol.com RicardoStarkey at aol.com
Thu Sep 17 18:03:35 PDT 2009

In a message dated 9/16/2009 4:57:47 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com writes:

"[Y]ou have to admit that there is something completely deranged ab[o]ut converting from Catholicism, with its 2000 years of intellectual tradition, to the gutter religion of Mormonism."

I was raised in the completely nutty religion of Mormonism, and never really bought into it. Before I was out of my teens, I had decided that I was an agnostic, which turned into an atheist in college, but I'm intrigued by this reference to Mormonism as a "gutter religion." I love to hear negative things about religion in general, and about Mormonism in particular, so I'd appreciate it if you'd expand on this idea at least a little.