[lbo-talk] Saul Alinsky

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 13:28:45 PDT 2009

here is the book I spoke of:

http://radicalebooks.blogspot.com/2009/07/revolutionary-strategy-by-mike-mcnair.html

and Jason's summary:

http://theactivist.org/blog/the-current-relevance-of-an-old-debate

---

Basically these are broad *principles* and points of unity of an worker's movement or emancipatory, organized left. I would love to hear of critique of these principles, because in my mind they are more or less unassailable.

The* tactics* we develop, the mediums we use, the modifications we make will obviously be very 21st century and reflect the level of class identification and polarization in America. And I also think its a bit utopian to suggest that it's foreseeable from our current position to surmise that one day this" movement of opposition" would achieve majority support. I do think it's very likely that our committed minority of activists, organizers, students and intellectuals can make a lot more of an impact than we are currently.

~ Bhaskar