[lbo-talk] I know, I know, I should never read David Brooks...

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 21:12:36 PDT 2009

Chuck, his argument is that the teabagger nutjobs don't like Obama cuz he hangs with rich over-educated coastal white people, therefore the populist nutjobs are like that slavery-supporting and Native American-exterminating hero Andrew Jackson who also didn't trust rich educated white people... something he learned from the very rich, educated and white Thomas Jefferson... and this crap is worth taking seriously?!

Um, don't rich, over-educated coastal white people run the Republican Party, too? Maybe Brooks is more subtle than Limbaugh et al but it takes next to nothing to see that his subtly is as corrupt as, if not more corrupt than, Limbaugh and the others.

********************************************************* Alan P. Rudy Dept. Sociology, Anthropology and Social Work Central Michigan University 124 Anspach Hall Mt Pleasant, MI 48858 517-881-6319