[lbo-talk] the paradox of choice

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Sep 19 10:38:49 PDT 2009

On Sep 19, 2009, at 11:23 AM, shag carpet bomb wrote:
> ...the success of whole foods's genre of supermarket pastoral -- a
> sentimentalized romanticism that induces people to buy crap based on
> images of cows grazing in pastures when,in fact, such cows are not
> freely roaming the pastures at all...

Odd. In my experience people shopping at WF seem to be the sort of people who look for the words "organic" or "grass fed." The sort of people who pay much more attention to the small print on ingredients lists than to pretty images. The sort of people who want to ensure that their children eat food, not crap.

Shane Mage