[lbo-talk] Here is the Marx section

D. T. Cochrane dtc at yorku.ca
Tue Sep 22 11:46:38 PDT 2009

If we want to identify 'incipient moments' as points of 'opportunity,' that's on us. It's a bit of Orientalism to identify that perspective as part of wisdom of the ancients, as displayed in their hieroglyphics. I doubt that was Michael's intent, but he is repeating a incorrect Western misconception, rooted in part, in a misunderstanding of how the Chinese written language works.