[lbo-talk] fighting over a gag order

Mark Rickling mrickling at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 09:59:06 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:47 PM, MICHAEL YATES <mikedjyates at msn.com> wrote:

> Cuts in medicare should never be acceptable to radicals.  It is interesting to see that some left liberals
>
> actually support such a backward thing, when the better thing to do is, as Shane Mage, says, expand Medicare
>
> to all and make it more generous.

You're cognizant of the fact that Medicare Advantage is "privatized" Medicare, originally sold to the public on the grounds that private industry (here inscos) would be far more efficient than the federal government and would eventually deliver better healthcare for cheaper? I don't get how rolling back privatization of essential state services wouldn't be palatable to progressives or radicals of any stripe.