[lbo-talk] Econvergence - Conference on twin ecological and economic crisis

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 11:16:09 PDT 2009

> --- On Mon, 9/21/09, Gar Lipow <the.typo.boy at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> From: Gar Lipow <the.typo.boy at gmail.com>
> Subject: [lbo-talk] Econvergence - Conference on twin ecological and economic crisis
> To: "lbo-talk" <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org>
> Date: Monday, September 21, 2009, 11:08 PM
>

>     http://www.econvergence.org/2009/09/21/econvergence-press-release/#more-813
>       FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
>       MEDIA CONTACT: Rev. Kate Lore

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 10:26 PM, mart <media314159 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> such garbage.

Chomsky does really good work, as does Mark Mark Weisbrot, as do many of the people presenting (including quite frankly myself). Jenson is someone I find of no value. He is IMO the worst of the worst of the ecofuturists. But given everything else there I will use his presentation as an opportunity to meet with friends outside the conference. No doubt there are people attending who feel the same about Chomksy, or who consider my presentation at 1:30 on Friday on "Cooling a Fevered Planet: the Politics and Economics of solving the climate crisis" worth missing. (Lots of other workshops to choose from at that time, of course.)

Hmm, maybe I should have retitled this post "Shameless self-promotion".