[lbo-talk] The State (Was: Ralph loves the nice plutocrats)

Marv Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Mon Sep 28 19:53:29 PDT 2009

What is a "non-capitalist" or "capitalist" law, anyway? How would you characterize a piece of legislation or regulatory action expropriating private property? What if that expropriated property were impeding access to an new shopping centre, and the state's action were the product of lobbying by the developers? Was the withdrawal of US troops from Vietnam a capitalist or non-capitalist act? What about legislation which would financial institutions to maintain higher capital ratios? Etc.

----- Original Message ----- From: "SA" <s11131978 at gmail.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:31 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] The State (Was: Ralph loves the nice plutocrats)