[lbo-talk] Polanski

JC Helary brandelune at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 17:57:44 PDT 2009

On 30 sept. 2009, at 09:03, Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2009, at 7:42 PM, shrill.polemic at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I think much of the outrage is over the misconduct of the
>> prosecutor and judge during the trial.
>
> Terrible, of course. But if Polanski did anything like what he's
> accused of, he's a depraved SOB.

He _was_.

If the guy in question were not such a high profile celebrity and considering the fact that the lady has requested to drop the charges, I wonder if people would still react the way they do.

Will putting the guy in a US jail will do anything good for society ? Or is it just about him also getting a chance to get raped ?

What's funny is that he could eventually meet the killer of his wife and baby there. And they even might end up staying in jail until the end of their life together.

Jean-Christophe Helary