[lbo-talk] The State

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 18:58:21 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Mike Beggs <mikejbeggs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I add to the list Suzanne de Brunhoff? Her [1978 (English
> translation)] 'The State, Capital and Economic Policy' is great. She's
> kind of Poulantzian but works at a more concrete level, and focuses
> specifically on economic policy, which, surprisingly, not all that
> much marxian state theory does.

O'Connor had me read de Brunhoff's book (Hey, Gulick, did you read it, too, seems like it mighta been a bit more up your alley?). Though I've forgotten it all, at the time its concreteness, sophistication and detail was really really instructive, if a bit dry and overwhelming. You're the only person other than Jim I've ever seen reference it.