[lbo-talk] Polanski

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Sep 30 06:02:54 PDT 2009

On Sep 30, 2009, at 1:40 AM, Shane Mage wrote:

> People are slavering over the "thirteen." Populist puritan
> prurience on the left

First time ever I've been called a puritan. I'm an enthusiastic friend of all manner of queers and perverts. I hate the classic 70s feminist Dworkinite position on porn. I think the age of consent should be about 14. I think a lot of the priest "rape" cases are a lot more complicated than they're usually presented - that, for example, a lot of the youths welcomed the attentions but also felt guilty about it. And I think that the hysteria over child sex abuse in the 1980s and 1990s was deeply repulsive. It's just that when someone says "No no no," you should take your dick out of her ass.

Doug