[lbo-talk] Polanski

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 06:13:14 PDT 2009

Matthias: Maybe things are different in your country, but guess what? Your country is wrong.

[WS:] Which country is it?

As to the rest of your post - I am not commenting on the morality of having sex with adolescent girls, but if you are interested in my opinion on the subject - I think it is unethical, but it also culturally defined, and in some cultures it is ethical or non-objectionable.

I am commenting about what appears to be the law enforcement apparatus prosecuting someone for a violation of a sexual taboo against a Caucasian female. I am nearly 100% positive that if the female were not Caucasian, there would be no case in this case. In fact, there are many cases of girls under consent age engaged in sex acts and the reaction from the establishment seems to be limited to condemning their "promiscuity."

I also find it peculiar that Mr. Polanski was able to move freely for about 35 or so years and nobody gave a flying fuck about his sexual misconduct until recently. May it be related to the establishment being tired of the vilification of bankers and attempting to change the subject?

Wojtek