[lbo-talk] Polanski

Mark DeLucas delucasm at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 30 12:54:02 PDT 2009

His denial, in its contours, seems to parallel quite closely with other kinds of denialism: dismissing as unlikely the simplest, most probable version of events; promoting instead a scenario far more complex and improbable; taking as evidence the workings of his own imagination; and assuming of the participants abnormal levels of evil--with the exception of Mr. Polanski, whose only fault is naivete.

To see this sort of thing unfold (something I've only read about, as I don't  know personally any creationists or holocaust deniers or whatever) is a fascinating thing and I count myself lucky to have had the privilege of observing.