[lbo-talk] Polanski

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:49:40 PDT 2009

Doug Henwood wrote:

> ... Am I wrong?

I know a guy who spent a year in a Florida jail for possession of six Vicodins. My buddy's an artist too, though not a rich one. My buddy didn't hurt a soul, all he wanted was a little relief.

What "an injustice" it is, so I've read, to punish the millionaire Polanski for ass-raping a doped-up sixth-grade girl yet further - further than the forty-two days he endured in Chino, further than forcing him to live in a chateau in France and sleep with Emmanuelle Seigner, further even than making him miss his Oscars ceremony! To make this utter genius "suffer" like any shitty workie in his place obviously would have ten times over.

Fuck him. Fuck that rich piece of shit. I hope he fucking dies. And fuck all his God damned supporters too. Fuck Bernard-Henri Levy twice.

And I don't give a shit about the legal technicalities. Until people like me ever get anything approaching actual justice, I'll cheer to see any of the big-spending class "suffer" even this puny fraction of the "injustice" the rest of us do.

yrs WDK