[lbo-talk] Mitchel's interview with two Platypus organizers

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 11:23:25 PDT 2010

Doug: 'If the bourgeoisie was so happy with FDR, why did they spend so much time trying to undo it?'

I guess that like most strategies, it had its limitations (for the bourgeoisie, I mean, it had different limitations for the working class).

What made sense in the emergency conditions of the thirties and early forties, later became a barrier to capitalism. But that doesn't mean that it wasn't - however contradictory - an effective ruling class strategy at the time. After all, this was when America's global domination, economic and military, was established.