[lbo-talk] Mitchel's interview with two Platypus organizers

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 4 14:55:52 PDT 2010

I have problems taking anybody seriously who name themselves after a monotreme. What's the logic here? "We unite and transcend opposites! With one foot in the past, and one in the future! We are mammals, but lay eggs! We have a cute little duck nose, but vicious poison claws! We... Are... PLATYPUS!!!!"

----- Original Message ---- From: Bhaskar Sunkara <bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Mon, April 5, 2010 12:09:21 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Mitchel's interview with two Platypus organizers

Cryptic, maybe, but the links were described.  I did, however, make a follow-up post for you with quoted text from the articles on Klein, but I think it was over 25k and got hung up in moderation.  If you're curious about the Platypus the best place to check would be the Platypus Review, issue 17 in particular.  It outlines their whole "theory of regression" shtick.  I'm in contact with many of their members and have a contribution in a forthcoming issue (a coverage of Fitch's excellent "Solidarity for Sale"), but I can hardly condense their body of thought into a paragraph-long summation.  Needless to say, whatever limitations they do have, I think they are among the more interesting currents to pop out of whatever constitutes the American left in the last few years and are motivated, young and growing.  A rare combination in this day and age.