[lbo-talk] A Heads' Up

Anthony Kennerson anthonyk6319 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 17:40:37 PDT 2010

Ta all:

This afternoon, I came home from work to discover that my personal Gmail account had been phished, and the offenders had sent out a nasty virus email link to everyone in my personal email list.

I want to make it perfectly clear: I DID NOT SEND OUT THAT MESSAGE. The spammer who phished my account did that.

I am protecting my computer and removing the offending email...and it does appear that the spiked email didn't make it to the lbotalk list or didn't get through the spam filters...so at least that is good.

But, just in case anyone here is on my personal email list (I believe that includes Doug and Ms. Shag), if you happen to receive an email with the heading of "Hi", and consisting only of a URL with "sites.google.com", please DELETE IT IMMEDIATELT. That is the email sent by the phishers.

My sincere apologies ifor any inconveniences caused by this.

Anthony .